Although you are not formally employed as a project manager, you may occasionally be called on to lead a small- to medium-sized project for your company. In this Project Management courseware, you will strategically plan a project so that you can achieve the desired results on time and on budget. You will identify its requirements and the resources you have to work with, monitor the project’s progress, and mitigate the related obstacles so that you can lead a team in bringing the project to a successful completion. This courseware will give you the basics on the project management process and the tools needed to manage small- to medium-size projects.
Project Management Skills for Non-Project Managers
Category: Workplace Skills.
The Writing Fitness book is designed to cover critical business and professional development topics in the shortest time possible. Our easy-to-read, easy-to-understand format can be used for self-study or classroom training, or even office training. With a wealth of hands-on exercises, the 50-Minute books keep you engaged and help you retain critical skills.
This courseware defines organizational behavior and identifies the variables and characteristics that influence an individual’s behavior in the workplace. In this courseware, you will learn about groups and teams, decision-making processes, and conflict management within an organization. Course activities also cover communication styles, channels, organizational structure, and culture and its impact on employees. You will also learn how to perform a job analysis and job redesign.
Effective Business Writing Objectives:
- Understanding organizational behavior.
- Organizational dynamics for individuals.
- Group and team dynamics.
- Power, politics, and leadership.
- Organizational structure.
- Job and workspace design.
- Organizational culture.
Grammar Essentials book, you will review the rules of grammar, identify common grammar errors, and refine your business writing style. Improving your grammar will help you deliver polished and professional written communications. Correct grammar and a refined, concise writing style can help you clearly express your ideas to others, streamline the directions and instructions that you deliver, and create impressive presentations and reports.
Grammar Essentials Objectives:
- Examine nouns, pronouns, and verbs.
- Identify adjectives and adverbs.
- Identify prepositions, conjunctions, and interjections.
- Identify some important rules of grammar and some commonly made grammatical errors.
- Identify grammar rules regarding correct punctuation.
- Identify problematic sentence fragments, run-ons, and comma splices, as well as effective methods of rewriting sentences so that they are clear and complete.
- Identify methods for improving word choices.
- Identify methods for building effective sentences.
- Identify methods for editing text effectively.
In this courseware, you will explore methods for dealing with common challenging customer interactions.
This courseware is intended for customer service representatives and any client-facing employee who needs to cope with challenging customer situations, either directly or indirectly. This course is also highly useful to customer service managers, who need to be aware of the potential difficult situations in the field and have a standard means of addressing them.
- Learn to establish a solid relationship with the customer, so that you may proceed with the interaction in a positive direction.
- Learn to overcome communication issues when dealing with customers.
- Learn to resolve challenging situations with customers.